Jump Main Menu. Go directly to the main content (Acces key S)
Start of main content
Princess of Asturias Awards 10/22/2012
The television signal at several Awards Week events will be made available to interested media.
The press conferences given by the Laureates will be broadcast over the Internet.
As on previous occasions, the Spanish public service television and radio companies Televisión Española (TVE) and Radio Nacional de España (RNE) will be responsible for providing the official host signals for the Prince of Asturias Awards Ceremony, which is to be held next Friday, 26th October, starting at 6:30pm, at the Campoamor Theatre in Oviedo. TVE will also be providing the television signal for the audience of TRH The Prince and Princess of Asturias with the Laureates this coming Friday at 12:30pm at the Reconquista Hotel’s “Salón Covadonga”.
RNE will provide the audio signal from the dressing rooms in the Campoamor Theatre to all the radio networks, while TVE will distribute the television signal. Media interested in using the official signal should get in touch beforehand with:
- National signal:
Phone: 913 468 412 and Fax: 913 468 306.
Persons to contact: Fernando Mejías, Laura Martín or Pepa Melguizo.
- International signal:
Phone: +34 913 468 118 and Fax: + 34 913 468 129
The areas specially designated for news editors at the Campoamor Theatre will be Main Boxes 11 and 13 in the Dress Circle. Due to the limited space available, you are advised to follow the ceremony from the screens situated at the press office.
AWARDS WEEK EVENTS:
The signal will be made available to all those media interested in covering the following events:
- Meeting with the philosopher Martha C. Nussbaum, Prince of Asturias Award for Social Sciences, “The Importance of the Humanities in Today’s Society”, at the University of Oviedo’s Historic Building, on Wednesday, 24th October, at 7:30pm. The event will count on the participation of a group of philosophers and Baccalaureate students.
- Meeting between heads of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation, and media correspondents at the Niemeyer Centre, on Thursday, 25th October, at 7:30pm.
- Tribute to the video game featuring the participation of Shigeru Miyamoto, Prince of Asturias Award for Communication and Humanities, together with artists from various disciplines at the Jovellanos Theatre, on Thursday, 25th October, at 7:30pm.
An image (video BNC outputs) and audio (Canon-XLR and Mini-jack outputs) distributor will be made available to the media.
- The breakfast meeting with Sir Gregory Winter and Richard A. Lerner and the working meeting with Martha Nussbaum, both at LAUDEO, in the University of Oviedo’s Historic Building, will only feature graphic coverage.
- Access to the interior of the monument will be restricted for the lecture by Rafael Moneo at Santa Maria del Naranco (press pool). Photos may be taken freely from outside the building.
PLEASE NOTE: the Foundation will provide a shuttle bus for the media to access the monument, departing at 12 noon from the car park located one kilometre from Santa Maria del Naranco.
The media will have free access to the remainder of the Awards Week activities that are to take place in Oviedo, Gijón, Avilés and Mieres. They will have audio outputs (Canon-XLR and Mini-jack) at their disposal, as well as a specially designated area for TV cameras.
All the press conferences given by the Laureates will be broadcast over the Foundation’s website.
End of main content
Sección de utilidades
Fin de la sección de utilidades
© Copyright 2023. FUNDACIÓN PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS