Jump Main Menu. Go directly to the main content (Acces key S)
You are in:
Start of main content
Princess of Asturias Awards 10/20/2014
The host television signal at several Awards Week cultural events will be made available to interested media.
The press conferences given by the Laureates will be broadcast over the Internet.
As on previous occasions, the Spanish public service television and radio companies Televisión Española (TVE) and Radio Nacional de España (RNE) will be responsible for providing the official host signals for the Prince of Asturias Awards Ceremony, which is to be held next Friday, 24th October, starting at 6:30pm, at the Campoamor Theatre in Oviedo. TVE will also be providing the television signal for the audience of TM The King and Queen with the Laureates at 12:30pm on Friday in the Reconquista Hotel’s “Salón Covadonga”. RNE will provide the audio signal from the dressing rooms in the Campoamor Theatre to all the radio networks, while TVE will distribute the television signal. Media interested in using the official host signal should get in touch beforehand with:
- National signal: Phone: 913 468 419 and Fax: 913 468 306. Persons to contact: Fernando Mejías or Laura Martín.
- International signal: Phone: +34 913 468 118 and Fax: + 34 913 468 129.
The areas specially designated for news editors at the Campoamor Theatre will be Main Boxes 9, 11 and 13 in the Dress Circle (“Principal”). Due to the limited space available, you are advised to follow the ceremony from the screens situated in the Foundation press room at the Hotel Barceló Oviedo Cervantes (c/ Cervantes, 13. Oviedo).
AWARDS WEEK EVENTS:
The host signal will be made available to all those media interested in covering the following events:
- Meeting with Caddy Adzuba, Prince of Asturias Award for Concord, chaired by Angels Barceló and screening of the film “Pourquoi?” by Ouka Lele (member of the Jury for the Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts), at 7:30pm on Tuesday, 21st October in the Palacio Valdés Theatre (Avilés). Television cameras will only be allowed inside the theatre for the start of the event. The host signal will be made available.
- “Mafaldoligists Gathering” paying tribute to Quino, Prince of Asturias Award for Communication and Humanities, hosted by Álex Grijelmo (member of the Jury for the Prince of Asturias Award for Literature) and featuring journalists Mara Torres and Marta Ferrer, writer and translator Rodrigo Fresán and cartoonists Gallego & Rey, Peridis and Puebla, at 7:30pm on Tuesday, 21st October in the Filarmónica Theatre (Oviedo). TELEVISION CAMERAS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INSIDE THE THEATRE. The host signal will be made available.
- Meeting entitled “Sentences in Black and White” between John Banville, Prince of Asturias Award for Literature, and members of book clubs from Asturias, Galicia and Cantabria at 7:30pm on Wednesday, 22nd October in the Jovellanos Theatre (Gijón). Television cameras will only be allowed inside the theatre for the start of the event. The host signal will be made available.
- Debate entitled “Architecture: the future in construction” between Frank O. Gehry, 2014 Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts, and Rafael Moneo, 2012 Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts, at 6:00pm on Thursday, 23rd October at the LABoral Centre for Art and Industrial Creation (Gijón). Television cameras will only be allowed inside the hall for the start of the event. The host signal will be made available for the ten first minutes of the debate. An image (video BNC outputs) and audio (Canon-XLR and Mini-jack outputs) distributor will be made available to the media.
- The breakfast meeting with Avelino Corma, to be held at 9:00am on Wednesday, 22nd October at the National Institute of Coal-INCAR (Oviedo), and the breakfast meeting with Avelino Corma, Mark E. Davis and Galen D. Stucky, which will take place at 9:30am on Thursday, 23rd October in the University of Oviedo Historical Building, will only feature graphic coverage.
- The media will have free access to all Awards Week activities. They will have audio outputs (Canon-XLR and Mini-jack) at their disposal, as well as a specially designated area for photographers and TV cameras.
XXIII Prince of Asturias Awards Concert
Recordings may only be made inside the hall before the start of the concert. Media interested in obtaining images of the performance, to be held at the Prince Felipe Auditorium in Oviedo at 7:30pm on Thursday, 23rd October, will have a video and audio distributor (PAL SD, Canon-XLR and minijack outputs) at their disposal in the press room located in the Hotel Barceló Oviedo Cervantes.
All the press conferences given by the Laureates will be broadcast over the Foundation’s website.
Graphic material on the events featuring the Laureates will be available in the Online Press Room (OPR) on the www.fpa.es website.
OPR access codes valid until 27th October:
End of main content
Sección de utilidades
Fin de la sección de utilidades
© Copyright 2023. FUNDACIÓN PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS